Thursday, March 13, 2008

Taking the Leap

About 2 months ago (before this blog existed), the following question was posted on LinkedIn:
Taking a quantum leap...

From your experience, what is the biggest obstacle already successful individuals face in taking their lives to the next level?

Here was my response:
“I believe Jim Collins has an excellent answer for this in his book Good to Great. He suggests that "good" is acutally the enemy of "great". I believe this is why many people do not take it to the next level ( or become great). They are content with being good. I also believe the standards we set for ourselves have a significant impact on our results. We must constantly reevaluate our own personal (or corporate, family etc.) performance standards in order to grow. When the level you are at no longer excites you, drives you, impassionates you, you have to change your standards and push yourself further.”

I decided to start posting some of my answers to questions on LinkedIn because I don't have as much time to dedicate to the blog as I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment