Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pursuit of Passion

Had an interesting conversation a few days ago with a group of friends about pursuing our passions in life. There is a lot of talk, examples, and success stories of people quitting their job to pursue a passion and I love reading that kind of stuff. But an interesting point was brought up during our conversation that I haven’t seen addressed as often. Here it is:

What do you do if you have the driving feeling to do something different, something great, and/or something new but you don’t know what that is? In other words, you feel like you should be pursuing your passion, but you don’t know what your passion is.

I thought this was an interesting question. When it was brought up, I realized I have felt some variant of this at times in my own life.

How about for you? Have you ever felt driven or anxious to do something but not known what that something is? Is this a common feeling? How did you overcome it? I would love to hear your thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. Yes I feel I'm currently going through that exact situation. I feel like my end goal is to start a business related to something I am passionate about, but I am unsure what "that" is. It's been on my mind a lot lately and I think through options all the time. I have concluded I haven't found my true passion yet and I need to keep exploring new opportunities until I nail it. Many things pop up the I get into for a while, but I have yet to discover the one true item that will make me jump out of bed every morning with pure excitement to go do all day. But I'm optimistic the "it" is coming and will reveal itself in due time.

    ReplyDelete